👋 Hey, I’m Anu — I’m a startup builder, angel investor, and writer.
I’m currently exploring new ideas, advising, and investing in early-stage startups.
I love consumer — especially social, media, gaming, marketplaces, work, and wellness.
Most recently, I spent 2 years at Clubhouse — built zero to one, served as the first Head of Community, grew from a team of 3 to 100+ — and I remain an advisor.
I’m also an M.D. — previously a resident physician in Emergency Medicine at Harvard / Mass General Hospital and a women’s health tech startup founder.
I love creative arts — I’ve dabbled in film, fashion, music & comedy. I stayed in school at The University of Texas and Harvard Business School.
Select essays listed below (subscribe to my Substack here).
What I Learned at Clubhouse, 25 lessons on product, community, growth & more
Don’t Create Habits, Create Rituals, on “ritual social” apps and creating meaningful moments
Fission & Fusion in Communities, on structural dynamism in community-based social products
The Group Chat Renaissance, on group chats as core to modern communities and networks
Group-Generated Content, on the uniquely compelling attributes of multiplayer creation
The Revival of Consumer Social, on the landscape of mature and emerging social formats
Select companies listed below (and some unannounced)
BeReal, seed | share candids with friends
Clubhouse, series A | talk with people anywhere
Collage, seed | make memes multiplayer
Daze, seed | calendar with your friends
Dive, seed | better group chat for gen Z
Pallet, seed | hire from within communities
Peachy, seed | treat wrinkles with science
Squads, pre-seed | invest in your favorite creators
Station, seed | infrastructure for on-chain collaboration
Banana Capital, fund I | great investments and memes
- Duplicate this template to your Notion workspace
- Create static Super site, using this new page URL as the Notion URL.
- Paste this code into your snippet injection box in your new site settings:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://sites.super.so/context/style.css">
- We're using the quote block to create the fixed navbar instead of an ID, so it should work out of the box, but that means you can't really use the Notion quote block anywhere else throughout this template. Thinking of better ways to go about this!
- The navbar & footer are global Notion blocks, meaning if you edit the ones on the template home page, it'll carry the changes over to the Blog + Contact + post pages.